Healthcare sector buildings offer a large variety of services to the public.
Hospitals are acutely needed in urban and rural areas.
In the areas where the construction of regular stick-built houses is difficult, the government can order the modular construction of buildings.
This is exactly what happened during WWI (World War I) and WWII (World War II).
Configuration of the Modular Hospitals
A modern model of the modular hospital would consist of individual containers.
These containers sit on one another. House constructors perform the assembly of the house with the help of cranes.
A crew of workers and house manufacturers perform main duties for the installation of the house.
Various modules of the modular hospitals are used.
Types of Modular Individual Hospital Models
Following are some of the top types of modular individual hospitals:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Operating theaters
- The facility of the X-ray of the modular hospital
- Urgent Diagnosis and Reception Department of the Hospital
- Changing Rooms
- Entrance Premises of the Modular Hospital
- Bed Section
Characteristics of the Modular Hospitals
- Each container of the modular hospital is welded. Manufacturing companies utilize the 5mm thick material.
- Dimensions for the flat roof are 6 x 2.6 x 3.4. m. This has a metal sheet cover, having insulation about the size of 120 mm thick.
- The containers have a bearing capacity of 100kg m/2.
- The modular house has readymade external walls that have readymade facings.
- Modular houses also have clean rooms with partition walls. These partition walls consist of the plasterboard, which has electrical heating bodies, sanitary technology, electrical installation, and water mains.
- Modular house containers feature a plastic window that has insulation. It also has a fully insulated metallic entrance door.
- Manufacturers install containers over one another on the main site of hospital construction. Construction and installation of modular hospitals require technological and technical equipment.
- Entire rooms and hospital premises are air-conditioned. Multiple worksites feature a three-stage air filtration system, which makes the hospital a comfortable and cozy place. The staff of the hospital works comfortably in a modular hospital.
- Modular hospitals comply with all zoning laws, housing codes, and other requirements of the society. As a standard measure, the modular hospital complies with the requirements of the customer.
Each modular hospital is constructed according to the specific layout plan.
Modular hospitals offer great benefits in emergencies such as COVID-19 pandemic, wars, etc.